Thursday, 31 May 2012
I'm a big fan of homeware. Whether it's because I've watched one too many episodes of Escape to the Country and 60 Minute Makeover or that I've lived in three different houses in the past three years, I don't know. All I do know is that, just like your clothes, your home interior should be creative and reflect your personality. Next's A/W 12 Homeware definitely got me excited to move out again, which is odd considering I only moved back home completely yesterday.
I love the 'Boudior', 'Jewellery' and 'Lotions' labelling on signs and boxes.
These three pieces - the Eiffel Tower lamp, Eiffel Tower stacked mugs and the coat wired mannequin were my favourite from the monochrome collection. I don't think I've ever seen such a chic lamp and the stacked mugs are so pretty that I don't think I'd want to use one, thus messing up the continuing patterned design.
The monochrome collection resembled Parisian chic to me. The quilted chairs, the wire design pieces, dainty side tables, and the rugged antique look of the collection juxtaposed against the clean lines of the white palette are a perfect mix of new and old.
Quirky pieces were a plenty including this bicycle and cutlery centrepiece which would definitely be a conversation starter in any home!
I fell in love immediately with this artwork. I love being surrounded by inspirational quotes to keep me motivated, I even have a website where I keep a collection of my favourites - so this was right up my street. When I move out (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later), this is the first piece I'll be adding to my new pad!
The quote artwork followed through with these decorative pillows and this horse head would stand out on any coffee table.
Turquoise and cream teamed with pretty bird designs were a fresh addition juxtaposed against the cream collection.
And finally was the collection, which, to me, resembled that of a country cottage. Warm textures of the rugs, pillows and wooden furniture rounded up the cosy feel of the collection. Warm reds, greens and creams gave a feminine vibe, along with the floral storage, whilst the 'my mugs' added a quirky vibe.
In between viewing these fabulous collections, we were spoiled with drinks, sandwiches and sweet treats.
Wednesday, 30 May 2012
From loafers to court heels and peep toes to T-Bars, Next's A/W 12 has a shoe for every occasion. Juxtaposed against the old suitcases, the leather gloves and ladylike hats are instantly chic.
These have 'dancing shoes' written all over them. I love the deep blue, kind of like a new take on the Wizard of Oz 'There's no place like home' ruby slippers!
Love the matching print on the T-Bar heels and tote. Would look ultra-chic against a classic black trenchcoat.
Love these flock velvet kitten heels and pointed multi-textured courts. Would be perfect for after work drinks or office/Christmas party footwear.
Again, loving the matching bags and shoes.
Leopard print made its appearance on a range of accessories, on hats, scarves and the lining of these flatforms, which have been a massive hit recently.
Ankle boots saw a mixture of leopard print, tassels and sequin glitter.
And as usual, the classic knee high boots made an appearance in staple black with different twists of a cobalt blue stripe and a mix of textures.
You'll have probably have heard by now, but it's Glossybox's 1st Birthday! To celebrate, along with getting a fabulous beauty box, there are competitions running on the brand's Facebook page and 140 'Golden' tickets have been hidden in certain boxes with the reward of a Birthday prize! This is a Birthday that all can celebrate!
This box is by far my favourite to date. Mainly because I know I'm going to be using four of the five products for definite! I also love the packaging - the wrapping is lovely and girly, and the addition of the compact mirror and balloon really tie in the celebrations perfectly.
1. HD Brows - Brow Beater - When I first opened my May Glossybox, this was the product I was most excited to try. I've heard/read great stuff about HD Brows and since my eyebrows tend to get overlooked, I felt this alone was worth the box!
2. Weleda - Face Cream/Body Milk - Although I've heard good stuff about Weleda, this is probably the one product I'm least likely to use. Although the product description does sell the product to me: "contains natural ingredients grown biodynamically to help restore health and maintain wellbeing", it has quite a strong scent to it. I've had reactions in the past to face products which had a strong scent, even high end products, so I tend to steer clear of any brands that do. If I do use this, it'll be on my body rather than my face.
3. Lolita Lempicka - L'Eau en Blanc & Eau de Parfum - I know some people have gripes with perfume samples, but for me personally, I have no problem with them. I like to have a decent test run of a product before committing to purchase so who knows, I may find my new perfume! Plus, the small size is perfect for travelling when you don't want to lug around a full size bottle!
4. Collection - Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner in Black - Another product I will be definitely using - I'm a big fan of Collection products and whenever lining my eyes, I use black so this is a big win in my eyes! I usually use a pencil eyeliner, so it'll be interesting to see the difference with a gel eyeliner.
5. Noble Isle - Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel - I'm not familiar with this brand but the description alone sells it to me: "evoking the beginnings of Summer." With our recent heatwave, I'm looking forward to trying this product and also because it is "inspired by the natural and cultural riches of the British Isles." Compared to last month's shower gel, it's a smaller size, but for me, it'll be perfect for travelling!
What did you think of the Birthday Glossybox box?