MAC Studio Fix Fluid: £19.50
MAC's Studio Fix Fluid has been in my make-up bag now for a year so I felt it was due a review. I haven't included a face shot of what this make-up looks like as in my outfit photos I'm wearing this pretty much every time. There's only so much I can say about a foundation so I'll include my thoughts in a 'pros and cons' deliberation:
- Coverage - It covers all of my imperfections - dark circles, uneven skin tone and blemishes, really well and isn't heavy on my skin. A little goes a long way which means that a bottle does last you quite a long time.
- SPF - Wearing a foundation with SPF built in is really important to me. I want to protect my skin as much as possible and it's recommended that you wear SPF everyday, not just on sunny days so that's definitely a pro for me!
- Colour - I'm pale naturally and the colour of this is a great match for my skin as it doesn't take much blending/leave me orange but it also gives me a warmer tone than what I normally have.
- Customer Service - I've written about how good I've found MAC's customer service before so I won't go into too much detail. They are always polite, friendly, extremely helpful and quick. I shop at the Selfridges counter in Manchester so I can't say the same for anywhere else, but their customer service there is really good!
- Price - At £19.50, it is quite pricey compared to other foundations and I do have to unwillingly hand over my card everytime, but it is a good foundation so I suppose it's worth its money.
- No pump - Unlike cheaper foundations, you don't get a pump for this foundation, unless you pay extra for it (I think it's about £3). This is annoying when it comes towards the end of the foundation as I have to shake it for a good few minutes to get anything out.
Overall I'm pleased with this foundation. I do find that my under-eye are needs touching up during the course of the day, but I think that's partly to do with the fact I don't wear concealer. Ideally, I'd like to pay a little less and have a pump with it, but you can't have everything!